Friday, May 20, 2011

Will Power

Sometimes it is sooooo difficult to maintain will power.  Be careful of the sweets, keep exercising, and the list goes on.  Yesterday, I walked a mere 1/8 of my usual walk, when nature called.  There I was at the other end of the track, and there were two options:  (1)  Keep going, and hope like crazy you can hold it until you make it the entire 2 miles; or (2)  Turn around and only walk a total 1/4 of the 2 miles.  Well, I chose to turn around and go back, since I certainly didn't want to have an "accident" and have to walk back.  But, I made it ok in my mind not to finish my two miles because later I would have to journey to Wal-Mart in order to find a birthday present for my nephew who turns 8 today.  Yes, yes, I am a bit of a procrasinator when it comes to gift shopping.  At any rate, I walked a total of a mere 1.5 miles, between the walk at the lake and the walk at Wal-Mart.

Eh, at least I parked at the very end and walked?  Even I don't have confidence in that.  So, this weekend, I'm walking in the morning and in the evening; just to be sure I make up for any slacking I've done this week.  Arggghhh!  Maybe I need to walk 20 miles this weekend, my nephew's birthday party is tonight, and I'm sure there will be cake.  I'm not sure my will power is strong enough to resist cake.

I'll let you guys know how things go.

Fat Lady Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment