Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The beginning

April 9th, 2011 began a new Era in the Fat Lady's life.  I had awoke at around 9:30 am, to find my stomach growling and hungry; even though I'd had way too much of something (though I cannot remember what) the night before.  So I threw on some clothes and headed to the local Mickey D's to grab a sausage egg and cheese mcmuffin before they stopped serving breakfast.  Of Course I got the combo, what are ya, crazy?!

So anyway, after I got back tot he house, I went to the den to sit, watch the tv, and eat my breakfast.  As I chewed and flipped channels, I found a movie that I couldn't tear my eyes away from, yet it made me want to vomit.  And no, it wasn't because it was gross.  It was the "Wedding Planner."  So as I watched Matthew McConaughey's character "risk his life" and whisk Jennifer Lopez's character out of the way of a downhill runaway dumpster, it clicked with me.  Tomorrow I will be turning the big 27, and what am I doing just sitting here?  Overweight and unhealthy, friendless, and eating my emotions.

That was my turning point.  Sitting there, watching the "Wedding Planner" I decided, enough is enough.  It's time for a change.  So I went and walked a mile.  And again the next day, and the next.  Now, I'm walking at least 2 miles everyday, and I've lost 18 pounds.  And I feel better.  I've always heard about the Runner's High that runners get from the endorphines kicking on, well...we walkers get that same sort of high too, perhaps not as intense, but still, we get it.

This is my first blog post.  Perhaps this blog will help others on their weight loss journey also.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment